Friday, February 15, 2008

Syria to name Mughniyeh killer


It's amusing to read all of these theories explaining who killed Imad Mughniyeh. Interestingly enough, we read crazy ideas like "it was an inside job! the Syrians did it!" or "it was the Lebanese pro-government coalition!".

Mughniyeh was assassinated by the Israeli Mossad, like all other political leaders in Lebanon. To whom do these assassinations most benefit? As they say, divide and conquer. It is so sad to see the Lebanese point fingers at each other and Syria while they ignore the men behind the curtain. Why would Syria assassinate politicians while under the microscope of the U.N. security council? Strategically speaking, creating an alarm of international criticism and hate and rage within Lebanon towards your country wouldn't be the best way to undermine a foreign Lebanese government.

It excited me to hear that Walid al-Moualem, the Syrian foreign minister, says that Syria will soon name the killer of Mughniyeh. But then I realized something - it doesn't matter. Israel has been doing things like this for decades but they continually go without consequence because we've been brainwashed into thinking being Anti-Israel means you are Anti-Semitic.


We can't criticize the fragile Jewish state because she must defend herself from her destruction!
We should exempt Israel from international laws and Geneva conventions for the sake of her protection!


I pray that people will come to realize that Israel isn't the sheep surrounded by wolves - but that Israel is the wolf, and the Arabs in the region are held hostage to their destructive policies.
As a man proud of his Jewish heritage, I have love for all of God's children - whether they are Jews or Arabs - and I hope to change the world one person at a time.

3 comments:

mariam said...

Noam,

I am impressed by what you have to say, you gave me something to ponder upon. I try to be open-minded and hear the story form both sides, as they say there are two sides to every story. But somethings are just not making sense!

noam chomsky said...

Hi Mariam,

Thank you for reading. I wonder what doesn't make sense to you, maybe I can clarify?

mariam said...

Your Welcome!

The not making sense part wasn't from your note. Politics in general doesn't make sense to me.

Just when I think I understand something, a statement gets made and it throws me off.

As they say "Dirty Politics"