Tuesday, February 12, 2008

War Against Islam

One cannot overlook the War Against Islam by the Christian Right. I know. I know. You're gonna tell me don't speak like that or don't generalize. I'll give you that much but not an inch more. Also I am not specifying every last member but the leadership.

I was checking my email today and I found in my inbox the following article. Its about a few baboons claiming to be ex-Muslims. I'm sure you heard of them;

These men are frauds, but this is not the point. They are part of a dark and frightening war by the Christian right against tolerance that, in the moment of another catastrophic terrorist attack on American soil, would make it acceptable to target and persecute all Muslims, including the some 6 million Muslims who live in the United States.
This 'War on Error' is quickly targeting Islam and many innocent Muslims. That is not to say that people are not committing crimes in the name of Islam, but we must be sure not to throw out the baby with the bathwater.


No comments: